How To Order
We have made it quick and easy for you to select varieties for custom-grafting. Follow the steps below to place your order.
1) Visit the Master Variety List page to view the listings of all the apple varieties currently available for grafting.
2) Click on any of the listed varieties to go to Apple Variety Descriptions where you can view a brief description of that variety.
3) We will gladly accept orders by e-mail or written request. Send your e-mail orders to Oldapple@bighorsecreekfarm.com. If you wish to write us with a request, please send your orders to the following address:
Big Horse Creek Farm
4) Because we conduct our grafting in early March, all orders must be received by March 1st in order to receive your trees by the following November. All requests received after March 1st will be grafted the following year. When your order has been received you will receive confirmation from us by phone, e-mail, or letter.
5) We are a very small home nursery operation so due to our limited size and staff we must limit apple tree requests to no more than 50 trees per customer order. We also ask you not request more than 10 trees of any single variety.
All one-year-old apple trees are priced at $20 each (plus additional shipping and handling charges see below). Purchases of ten trees or more will receive a 10% discount on the total purchase price. Each customer order must contain a minimum of two trees in any combination of varieties. We must add a $3 surcharge to ship a single tree.
Tree grafting is not a perfect science and sometimes a graft will not be successful. For this reason, we do not require that you send money with your order. However, orders of 10 or more or trees will require a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the tree costs. If possible, please include a list of alternative varieties for grafting should your primary selections fail to graft properly.
When your trees are ready for fall shipping, we will contact you by email or letter requesting payment in full. When full payment has been received, your order will be shipped when the trees are fully dormant, anytime from October through the end of November. We do not ship trees in the spring. We accept cash, checks, or money orders only. Sorry, no credit card purchases accepted. Orders are accepted within the continental United States and Alaska only.
Due to the increase in shipping rates we regrettably must raise our shipping costs for 2012. Please add $5.50 per tree for Shipping and Handling
charges for orders shipped east of the
Mississippi River. Orders shipped west of the
Mississippi will be charged $6.50 per tree. For orders of 10 trees or more S&H charges are
reduced by $1 per tree.
Note: We cannot hold custom-grafted orders through the winter. All orders not claimed by November 1st will be removed from the reserved list and sold to the first interested buyer. All tree sales for the year end in late November.
Who We Are | What We
Offer | Master Variety List